She's So Unusual

"Your TRUE COLORS are beautiful like a Rainbow"

Directory

10.07.2010

Cheese, Eggs & Things



Eggs!


Considering my life has been all over the place in the past few weeks, I have been cooking less and therefore not blogging about one of the things I love the most--food. Last night, I spent the evening with fabulous company at the Downtown location of Extraordinary Desserts for their weekly Wine & Cheese Night. After indulging in some of the most delicious cheeses from all over the world (my favorite was the French Double Creme Brie!) I was inspired to get back to cooking.

Today's experiment was with breakfast. I have never been a huge fan of scrambled eggs, so I decided to create a better version, one that I would actually eat and that others can also enjoy.

This experiment was a success!

What you'll need:

1 frying pan
2-4 large eggs
1/4 cup half & half (soy creamer also works)
dash of salt, pepper, ground cumin
1/4 cup graded cheddar cheese

handful of tortilla chips*
ground cayenne pepper*
sour cream*

To begin:

It's easy to work with this recipe if you already have pico de gallo pre-made, but here is an easy recipe that I use.

First heat frying pan, add cracked eggs and begin to scramble slowly and continuously add in the 1/4 cup of cream until eggs cook. Add salt, pepper and ground cumin. Mix, then add cheese on top and continue to scramble until completely cooked (you will be able to tell because the eggs are no longer runny).

To complete preparation, add pico de gallo and tortilla strips on top of eggs while still hot. Enjoy!

*optional ingredients


Approximate prep/cook time~ 10 minutes



1 comment: