She's So Unusual

"Your TRUE COLORS are beautiful like a Rainbow"

Directory

4.27.2011

Easter Brunch

Because I love breakfast and lunch equally the same, putting them together is my ultimate favorite. My Easter Sunday was spent at home with mimosas, strawberry cupcakes, a pastel pallet of eggs, Denver Potato pie, buttery croissants and a plate of strawberries & kiwis. But aside from all my favorites on the table, were my favorites sitting around the table. Being at home often always reminds me that my life is often fixated on the things that don't really matter, and that it's really important to stop and breathe every so often. Sunday was definitely a breath of fresh air. I absolutely loved being able to spend some time at home with my family and it was nice to have Bree's roommate join us as well. 

These are the ones Sarah and I made:  strawberry cups with cream cheese + real strawberry frosting & sprinkled in pastels. mmm. [Side note: I really like cupcakes, check out what's new at Cups La Jolla on a post I wrote for the DiscoverSD blog]

What's Easter without the eggs?




Our family Easter tradition is putting on an egg hunt for our  dog, Lizzie. By hiding scooby snacks in plastic eggs all over the backyard, she sniffs her way and always finds them all.  




2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look amazing! And what an adorable doggie... So glad you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna, thanks so much! The cupcakes barely lasted through the photo!

    ReplyDelete